On-label uses of modafinil
There are many on-label uses for modafinil such as the treatment of narcolepsy, shift-work and general lethargy due to various circumstantial reasons.
Off-label uses of modafinil
There are also many off-label uses for modafinil which is what makes the nootropics so popular.
- Students – Students in high school, college and university use modafinil or armodafinil to increase their focus, increase energy, sharpen their memory and give their brain an all-around boost to cope with their demanding studying, exams.
- Professionals – In the dog-eat-dog world of the professional, office workers are turning to modafinil much more frequently for all of the aforementioned reasons, in order to get ahead.
- Shift workers, travellers – While this is a noted on-label use of modafinil, it should be noted that the same reasoning that makes modafinil effective for shit workers, also works for other situations like travellers trying to re-synchronize their biologic clocks as they try to counter jetlag. So you find yourself halfway across the world with a 12-hour time difference? Take some modafinil when it’s time to wake up and go locally, and by the time the modafinil wears off, you’ll be naturally tired and significantly closer to acclimatizing to the new time zone. I do this with modafinil as the way to wake up and some melatonin to help me get to sleep naturally. I cure my jetlag way faster this way.
- Women and minorities – What? Yes. I said it. I have noticed a very significant increase in females and minorities (often immigrants) using modafinil. I assume that being in the minority, these groups are feeling intense pressure to outperform the majority. This is based on stats I’ve seen from big modafinil pharmacies of whom I’ve interviewed for other publications.
- Ageing – People have been using modafinil as part of anti-ageing regimens. This is relatively new that they turn to modafinil, but it is reported that the cognitive enhancements and memory boost that modafinil is said to give are sorts of a fountain of youth for the ageing.
Why has modafinil grown so much in popularity?
Word-of-mouth amongst young professionals, computer programmers and especially college students have been the primary catalyst to the modafinil movement. With that said, very notable media such as a popular TV series called “Limitless” in which an experimental drug called NZT-48. While modafinil is not quite as strong as the dramatized NZT-48 on Limitless, it is believed to be based on modafinil. MOdafinil has similar effects, just with more manageable expectations.
The Netflix documentary ‘Take Your Pills’, could also be seen as a catalyst in making study drugs more popular to the mainstream. While Take Your Pills was mostly about Adderal and Ritalin, quick research online would show that the effects of modafinil are quite similar to that of Adderal and Ritalin. In general, modafinil is considered a less edgy, less pronounced, not-dangerous and barely a prescription drug to that of Adderal and Ritalin.
Notable CEO’s of giant Silicon Valley corporations have publically stated they owe a lot of their success to nootropics such as modafinil.
It is widely speculated that politicians such as Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and Donald Trump regularly took modafinil while on the very demanding and tiring campaign trails. Obama and Tump and rumored to have continued to take modafinil while in office to keep up with demands of being President of the United States of America. Who knew?
Is modafinil legal?
Modafinil is legal in certain places like Thailand without a prescription. However, in most countries, modafinil and armodafinil are controlled substances that require a doctor’s prescription. Some of these countries are the USA, UK (United Kingdom), Ireland, Australia, Canada, Sweden and Spain.
In Canada, simple possession of modafinil without a prescription is not illegal. However, the sale of modafinil is. If modafinil is seized by Canadian customs, they will confiscate it. This is why most modafinil pharmacies online will not ship to Canada. Only BuyModa.org does, and they have a reported 99.9% success rate due to the way they ship the modafinil, and some other trade logistical secretes.
Some countries are almost impossible to get through customs, such as Germany, Sweden and Denmark.
To summarize, modafinil has consistently grown in popularity as more and more uses for the drug are discovered. Expect the rise of Modafinil to keep increasing as the base of users is only growing and the demand for cognitive-enhancing, focus increasing, energy boosting nootropics continues to make its way into the lives of anyone looking to maximize their brain’s power.